This week I decided to do a hard protein treatment because I plan to relax next week. I'm 11 weeks post and I'm not about that life!!! My new growth is so thick and my hair is having a hard time holding moisture. I think this is due to the change in weather (it's getting cold here) and my lack of
1. Pre-Poo with EVOO and EVCO for 30 mins under my hooded dryers
2. Clarified with Ion Clarifying Shampoo
3. Shampoo washed with CON Argon Oil sulfate free
4. Hard Protein treatment with Aphogee 2 Step Protein + the Balancing conditioner w/ hooded dryer until hair was hard
5. Conditioner Rinse with CON Argon Oil deep conditioner (I probably should have DCed with heat, but I was feeling lazy.
6. Leave in conditioner CON Argon Oil leave in spray + GVP's PM Super Skinny Serum
7. Air-dried overnight in a bun
I tried to detangle my hair in the shower, as usual, but my hair was not cooperating! I know it's because of the hard protein treatment. I ended up detangling as best I could in the shower and finishing up once I got out. I had to add the leave in and serum to make detangling easier. I also noticed my hair has been shedding a lot lately. I will be incorporating garlic pre-poos in my regimen in the near future. I also noticed my edges have been thinning This could be due to tension caused by bunning. I plan to do less buns after my relaxer. when I do decide to bun I will make sure they are not too tight. Maybe I'll try the Southern Tease bun. I also plan to purchase some Castor oil soon.
What has been going on with your hair? What are your hair plans?