Saturday was a much needed wash day. I had done the bare minimal to my hair since I last posted of my wash day. Truthfully I'd been in a bit of a funk since I graduated and I'm in what I call "limbo" or between stages of my life. I'm studying for my boards(NCLEX) which I plan to take next month and looking for a job and things were not happening fast enough for me. I was reminded GOD is always on time and that things will fall in place the way HE wants. I have it bad trying to plan my life and getting disappointed when it doesn't work out my way. I'm slowly doing better with that. To top off my funky mood I have been having some medical issues. I'm not sure what is going on, but I hope to have some answers soon. Just keep me in your prayers!
On to my wash day. I decided to deep condition on dry hair for a couple of reasons. One, my hair loves it more than on wet hair. Two, I wanted to see if the Argon Oil Intense Conditioning treatment worked better on dry hair because so far the product was not on my list to repurchase. I mixed about 1 tsp each of honey, hemp oil, and EVOO with my conditioner. I mixed them together and applied to my hair with an applicator brush. I will definitely be making application of conditioner a part of my regimen. It's a little time consuming, but every strand was covered and moisturized. I left the conditioner on for about an hour with a plastic cap and a hat. This is one of my versions of DCing with heat until I get my dryer. When I rinsed the conditioner out of my hair it felt amazing!!! My hair was soft as butter and I finally realized what slip was! I washed with L'oreal EverStrong Hydrating shampoo. I love this stuff. For a sulfate-free shampoo it sure does lather up and clean the scalp very well. I think I'll do an official review sometime this week.
I detangled in the shower under running water and I think I like this method better than doing it after I get out the shower. My hair detangled with ease! I t-shirt dried for about 15 mins then I applied my leave in: CON Argon Oil Leave in and sealed with One N' Only Argon Oil. I airdried and wore a low pony tail.
Over all I can say this was a successful wash day. After my hair air dried it still felt super soft! Sorry I have no pictures.
Monday, June 25, 2012
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
It has been a while, if ever, that I have shared my wishlist of hair care products with you all. My list use to be super long at the beginning of my hair journey, but now not so much. A big part of that is because I'm starting to see what my hair does and doesn't like I'm trying I stick to the products that agree with my hair and get rid of those that my hair doesn't love. So here is my wishlist.
- Hooded Dryer!!!! I need this for DCing in the worst way. I kept putting it off because I had other expenses but I must get one by the end of July.
- Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Reconstructor
- More magnetic rollers
- Seamless Comb
- ORS Hair Masque
- Jojoba Oil
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Roux Porosity Control conditioner (Not sure of the official name)
- Hair Shears
- KeraCare1st lather and Hydrating and detangling shampoo
- Steamer- Ebony from Longing4length has peaked my interest.
- QP Elasta Mango Butter Moisturizer
- Castor Oil (almost forgot this!!)
What are some things that are on your wishlist?
Friday, June 8, 2012
|Found on google|
I know you are thinking that is seems I'm always going to war with my hair. First it was shedding, then detangling, and now breakage. Well these are just minor obstacles one may face when on a hair journey. As I've stated in several previous post I have been experiencing some breakage. Between my last wash day and today I have noticed a significant decrease. Believe it or no I can not take the credit. I have not washed my hair in over a week (I'm currently pre-pooing) and I stopped M&S a few days ago besides when I "do" my hair for the day. I have been walking around the house looking very unattractive. I decided it was past due for a wash day.
As for my breakage, I have been doing tons of research on a fix. I know that my breakage is probably due to several things and I have a plan for solving them all.
- The first is improper detangling. I have come up with a plan and I'm currently implementing this plan. So for now this is not an issue I will stress about.
- The second reason in texlax hair=DRY!!!! After texlaxing for the first time I noticed my hair is much more dry. To solve this issue I plan to M&S nightly! I can not afford to slack on this as I have done in the past. I will be investing in a couple of new products: Aphoghee Keratin and Green Tea Reconstucturizer and Organix Coconut Milk Anti-breakage serum.
- Mishandling my new texture- I will make sure I will not manipulate my new texture too much. This means no combing unless it's wash day. This also means only combing my hair when it is saturated with product.
With this plan I feel as if I can overcome this breakage issue. I will keep you updated on my progress. You all continue to stay blutiful and blessed!