Monday, June 25, 2012

Wash Day

Saturday was a much needed wash day. I had done the bare minimal to my hair since I last posted of my wash day. Truthfully I'd been in a bit of a funk since I graduated and I'm in what I call "limbo" or between stages of my life. I'm studying for my boards(NCLEX) which I plan to take next month and looking for a job and things were not happening fast enough for me. I was reminded GOD is always on time and that things will fall in place the way HE wants. I have it bad trying to plan my life and getting disappointed when it doesn't work out my way. I'm slowly doing better with that. To top off my funky mood I have been having some medical issues. I'm not sure what is going on, but I hope to have some answers soon. Just keep me in your prayers!

On to my wash day. I decided to deep condition on dry hair for a couple of reasons. One, my hair loves it more than on wet hair. Two, I wanted to see if the Argon Oil Intense Conditioning treatment worked better on dry hair because so far the product was not on my list to repurchase. I mixed about 1 tsp each of honey, hemp oil, and EVOO with my conditioner. I mixed them together and applied to my hair with an applicator brush. I will definitely be making application of conditioner a part of my regimen. It's a little time consuming, but every strand was covered and moisturized. I left the conditioner on for about an hour with a plastic cap and a hat. This is one of my versions of DCing with heat until I get my dryer. When I rinsed the conditioner out of my hair it felt amazing!!! My hair was soft as butter and I finally realized what slip was! I washed with L'oreal EverStrong Hydrating shampoo. I love this stuff. For a sulfate-free shampoo it sure does lather up and clean the scalp very well. I think I'll do an official review sometime this week.

I detangled in the shower under running water and I think I like this method better than doing it after I get out the shower. My hair detangled with ease! I t-shirt dried for about 15 mins then I applied my leave in: CON Argon Oil Leave in and sealed with One N' Only Argon Oil. I airdried and wore a low pony tail.

Over all I can say this was a successful wash day. After my hair air dried it still felt super soft! Sorry I have no pictures.

5 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of only deep conditioning before washing and not doing it again after washing. I'm tired of jumping in and out of the shower! I'll try doing this and see how it works out! Tk care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is less time consuming and my hair likes it better.

      Delete
  2. I detangled in the shower last night and it works wonders for me as well. May the Lord continue to Bless you in all your future endeavors. You are absolutely right, He is always on time and knows where He wants you to be:-) Stay Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started detangling in the shower and it is so much either. Maybe I should consider dc'ing before washing, because I having to jump in and out of the shower makes me want to skip steps of my wash day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is more effective for my hair and saves time. You should try it and see how your hair likes it. I wouldn't go back to dcing after shampooing.

      Delete