|Source: Google Images|
I finally washed my hair on my own! I'm shocked myself. I took my son to a pool party that Saturday and even though I didn't dip my head in the pool I'm sure my edges got wet. I'm currently working on a post about my swim hair regimen. It should be posted sometime this weekend so be on the lookout.
Here are the steps to my wash day which actually started Sunday night.
- Pre-pooed with Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner overnight. I sectioned my hair in two sections. I covered my hair with two plastic caps and a satin hair bonnet.
- The next morning I clarified my hair with my Ion Clarifying Shampoo. I kept my hair in the two separate sections while shampooing, conditioning, and detangling. I don't like how dry my hair is after clarifying so I usually try to follow up with a moisturizing shampoo.
- I next washed my hair with L'oreal EverStrong Hydrating Shampoo. I have not used this shampoo in a long time and I almost forgot how much I love it! I think I will be repurchasing this one and swapping it out with the Creme of Nature Moisture Shine Shampoo.
- I rinsed out very well and decided to do a protein treatment with Aphogee's 2 Minute Resconstructor. I left this on my hair for about 5 minutes. I was going to follow up with a deep conditioner, but I didn't for two reasons. One I was starting to feel a little sick and two my hair was already super soft.
- I broke my two sections into four total sections to add my leave-in conditioner and detangle. My new-growth was definitely prevalent, but surprisingly not unmanageable. I'm currently 6 months post relaxer.
- I used a new leave in conditioner I purchased a few weeks prior, GVP's Conditioner which is suppose to be comparable to Paul Mitchell's The Conditioner. I will have a review on this product once I use it more. I sealed with EVOO.
- I detangled my hair with a wide tooth comb and twisted my hair in a bunch of semi-large twists to air dry. After my hair air-dried I put my hair into a bun. I really should have blow-dried my hair on cool to stretch out my new-growth.
My wash day was very simple and I plan to wash again today Wednesday June, 12, 2013 if I can build up the energy. I plan to do some small two-strand twist. This will be my delivery protective style. I will have a post up after wash day! How was your last wash day?