Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Ingredients: Deionized Water , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Vegetable Glycerin , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Silk Protein , Ammonium Salt , Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil (Neem) , Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil (Carrot) , Sorbitol Esters , Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5) , Caprylyl Glycol , Essential Oil Blend , Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
Promises: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie moisturizes and adds body and style. Shea Moisture's Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie for thick, curly hair hydrates, defines curls and protects. Enriched with Silk Protein and Neem Oil, this all-natural styling aid helps strengthen hair, reduce breakage and imparts amazing shine. Provides a smooth, soft hold without the crunch that can occur with gels for bouncy, healthy-looking curls.
How to Use: Section hair and apply product sparingly to damp or dry hair from root to tip to enhance curls. Massage completely into hair. Do not rinse out. Style hair as desired. For best results use as a styling cream for twists, braids and wash-and-go styles.
My thoughts: I really like the smell of this product. I also like the consistency of this products. I have used this product when doing a braid-out as well as a moisturizer. At times my hair remained moisturized for an entire day and other times it felt like my hair was not very moisturized after applying. I think this product worked best when my hair was already moisturized from another product. I didn't notice any more definition with this product when doing my braid-out. I was afraid that this product would leave residue on my hair because of it's thick consistency, but I honestly didn't have that problem. Overall this product was ok. It's not close to being as moisturizing as my Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Moisturizer. I will not be repurchasing this product again. The rating I would give this product is a 3/5.
Sunday, March 3, 2013
This post is long over due! I know I have been MIA for a while, but I've had good reason. One main is reason is that I'm pregnant with a little girl and I just didn't feel well enough to do much with my hair. Here is what I'm doing/have done to my hair since my absence.
- Washed and deep conditioned every 1-2 weeks
- Flat ironed my hair 2x since November
- Did a clear rinse
- Tried Shea Moisture Deep Conditioner
- Did a flexi-rod set on wet hair (It was an epic fail because I didn't let them dry long enough).
- Flexi-rod set on dry hair.
- Restocked on my staples (Will share in a future post)
- Purchased a few new products (Again will share in a future post. If you follow me on instagram you already know.)
- Made my 1 year relaxed healthy hairversary on December 4, 2012!
- Reached my goal of full APL!
That's pretty much what has been going on to my hair. I'm in my second trimester so I feel much better now. I plan to do much more with my hair. I can say that since being pregnant my new growth seems to be much more manageable. I'm wondering if I'm retaining any length at all because my new growth has not been out of control. I'm currently 14 weeks and 2 days post relaxer. I plan on stretching my relaxer until after I have the baby if my stretch continues to be this smooth. I've relaxed my hair while pregnant with my son so I'm not afraid that it will harm him. I'm really prolonging my stretch because I don't feel up to self-relaxing and I don't trust anyone else to relax my hair.
My goals for the next 4 months will go as follow.
- Wash hair every 2 weeks. Washing weekly will just be too much for me as my pregnancy progresses.
- Use the steam room in the gym. I can not wait to see the results of steam on my hair. I may be able to justify purchasing a steamer in the future.
- Try roller-setting with magnetic rollers.This will help with my stretch
- Wear a satin scarf to be everyday.
- M&S as needed!
- Blog more frequently
- Soak up as much information as possible on natural hair so I can successfully take care of my daughter's hair.
Thank you all for sticking by me during my absence. Your continued support is much appreciated! I have been keeping up with all the blogs I follow. I just have not been posting comments due to time and pure laziness. I promise to do better. I hope you all reaching your hair goals. Until next time keep growing!