Sunday, February 22, 2015

Wash Day (Last Week)


FYI: This post was written last week after my wash day. I didn't get around to publishing the post until today. 
This wash day went very smoothly. My main focus was moisture. Since becoming fully natural in January I have been having a hard time trying to maintain moisture in my hair. Being able to maintain moisture seems to be a very common battle amongst new naturals. After a couple months of trial and error I think I may be close to finding my solution, but first let me share the steps to my wash day. 
  1. I decided to pre-poo with coconut oil for about 30 minutes with saran wrap and a plastic cap. This was my first time pre-pooing in a very long time.  I think I will be adding this to my regimen because it definitely contributes to moisture.
  2. Cowashed once with Shea Moisture Mango and Carrot Extra Nourishing Shampoo from the kids collection. I used this simply because it was the only other shampoo I have at home is a VERY stripping and drying Ion Clarifying shampoo. The Shea Moisture Shampoo is the one I use on my daughter's head and thus I used it to remove any product build up I may have had from my wash and go last week. I then followed up with a lather of Tresseme Naturals Nourishing Conditioner. Did I tell you all how much I love the Tresseme Naturals Conditioner?!!
  3.  Next I deep conditioned with L'Oréal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm overnight with a Saran Wrap and Plastic Cap (total about 20 hours). I finger detangled with this conditioner in my hair under running water.  My hair was amazingly soft afterwards.
  4. I t-shirt dried for about 5 minutes and then added my leave in conditioner by As I Am. I then sectioned my hair and did a protective style using  Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Curling Cream and sealed with Jamaican Black Castor Oil.

Here I am 24 hours later and my hair is very moisturized. To keep this style up over the week I worse a bonnet overnight and retwisted/rebraided 2 days later. I find that there are a few products in my stash that keeps my hair amazingly soft and moisturized:
  • Tresemme Naturals Nourshing Conditioner
  • As I Am Leave In
  • Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Curling Cream
  • Castor Oil
 I also realized that pre-pooing with an oil is a must along with moisturizing and sealing every 2-3 days. I don't find it necessary to moisturize and seal my hair daily. I also plan to make my own spritz using Aloe Vera Juice.



5 comments:

  1. Seems your wash day went well. I dont skip prepoo at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hassle free wash days. Glad your moisture check is back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can use in your hair a edge control break off your edges so you look beautiful.
    Hair extension care tips

    ReplyDelete
  4. Learn about a knowledge of your hair and also known about weakness of your hair then you can save it.
    Hair Extensions Tips

    ReplyDelete