Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Emergency Co-wash

Source: Google
This blog post was written 9/27/12. I just didn't have the time to post it. I've been busy setting things up to relocate so this has been a super busy time. I probably will not be posting much until I get settled in. If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter you may see some updates. I appreciate all of your support and patience as I make this transition in my life.

My hair has been feeling extremely dry these past two days. I tried moisturizing my hair with Hawaiian Silky 14-n-1 and Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter moisturizer to no avail. Yesterday I went to a farewell dinner for my Hunny's co-work as well as being my my Hunny's birthday. My hair needed some serious TLC so I decided to co-wash my hair. Before I co-washed,  I pre-pooed with EVCO and Hemp Seed Oil as "suggested" by ECP's latest post. I will say that this combination was amazing. It left my hair feeling very soft and moisturized! I miss pre-pooing with oil. I now DC on dry hair to prevent having to jump in the shower twice. It just seems to cut out a lot of time on my wash day. I co-washed with HH Hello Hydration Conditioner. I love the smell of this. It doesn't give me as much slip as the V05 did so I will not be purchasing the regular size.

 I applied CON's Moisture and Shine Leave in and GVP's Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum before blow drying on cool. This takes sooooo much time! I just didn't have the time to air dry. After blow drying I added Fantasia IC heat protector to my roots only and flat ironed ONLY my roots on low heat. This made my new growth much more manageable. I styled my hair with an EZ Comb pic (due to lack of time I didn't take a picture).

After blow drying my hair yesterday I realized how thick it has become due to stretching my relaxers and texlaxing. I'm loving it! The only thing I have to get use to is trying to get my hair into a ponytail after air drying or blow drying. I will try to remember to take a picture of my hair after I blow dry next time. In the mean time enjoy the picture of my hair taken a month ago.

Check out the thickness of my hair. I should have texlaxed long ago!

                              

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Co-washing can really make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a good ole cowash to save the day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love co-washing: always makes my hair feel better!
    Wishing u all the best as you relocate. I know how stressful it can get. Tk care

    ReplyDelete