Sunday, September 23, 2012

Wash Day

I gave my hair some much needed TLC on Saturday. I bunned all last week and my new growth was extra dry despite trying to tame it with moisturizer. I wanted to co-wash, but it was Thursday when I finally had the time to do it. I decided to just wait to and shampoo wash it. My wash day was pretty quick and simple. Here are the steps.

  1. Sprayed my hair with water and applied the ORS Olive Oil Hair Masque. I love the smell of this stuff? I applied my plastic cap and winter hat and let it sit in about 2 hours.
  2. I shampooed in the shower one time L'oreal EverStrong Hydrating Shampoo and one time with CON Argon Oil Moisture and Shine Shampoo. I'm very excited that the CON shampoo left my hair a moisturized. The L'oreal EverStrong dried it out a bit which I have never noticed before. I also discovered how to make the CON shampoo sud! 
  3. I applied NTM Daily Deep Conditioner for about 5 minutes and rinsed with cool water.
  4. I detangled under running water and I'm very pleased with the small amount of hair I have been loosing lately. 
  5. I t-shirt dried for about 10 minutes. I parted my hair into 6 sections and added Cantu Shea Butter leave in and EVCO individually. I then plaited each section for a braid out. The only part made with a comb was my off center part. The rest was done with my fingers. 
  6. I applied foam rollers at the end of each braid, tied my hair down with a satin scarf, and put of my bonnet. I let it air dry overnight.
I have yet to take my braids down. I don't plan on leaving the house today so I probably won't take them out until tomorrow. I'm going to try to make this braidout last until Wednesday. I plan to rebraid each section every night. To see the results follow me on twitter @blutifullyblaq or Instagram @2kizmet. Hope your wash days was as simple as mine. HHG!

2 comments:

  1. Your wash really seemed easy. I nominated you for a versatile blogger award http://thesizzlingmommy.com/2012/09/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete