In my previous post I discussed the shampoos and conditioners that I am currently using. In this post I will be discussing the different moisturizers, oils, and serums I am currently using.
- Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion: This moisturizer is kind of thick. It works best on freshly relaxed hair until about 5 weeks post relaxer.
- Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter: This is the newest addition to my moisturizers. I'm still trying to figure out how it works on my hair. I have used it on straightened and air-dried hair and it works well on both. I love how it leave my hair super soft and smelling lovely!!
- Hawaiian Silky 14-N-1(Green & White Bottle): This is a thinner moisturizer and works best on my new growth. I notice it weighs my hair down a bit so I don't use it when wearing straight styles. I use this moisturizer only when I'm further post relaxer (about 6+ weeks).
- Pure Honey: I mix this in my deep conditioners (mainly the CON argon Oil deep conditioner) and as a pre-poo. It leave my hair very moisturized. I like to use it as a pre-poo when I'm further post because this is when my hair is the driest and it leaves my hair more manageable. Staple!
As you can tell I don't have a staple moisturizer that I use before I seal. I'm not necessarily looking for new ones, but I'm open to try others. I know I would like to try NTM Silk Touch leave in one day. In the mean time these will have to do.
- Peppermint Oil: I recently purchased this oil and so far I have used it in my deep conditioners as well as mixed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) to use on my scalp. I love this stuff. If smells wonderful and I love the tingling sensation it has on my scalp.
- EVOO: I use this oil on my scalp, in my deep conditioners, to shave, as hot oil treatment and to seal when I am further post. It's a thick oil and will weigh my hair down if I use to much. This is why I use this to seal only when I am bunning.
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (EVCO): I use this oil the most so it is probably my favorite oil. I use it to deep condition, on my entire body including face, on my son's and SO's head, as a hot oil treatment, and to seal. I use everyday! I love the shine it gives my hair! Staple!
- One and Only Argon Oil: This is a light oil and I loved this oil when I first started my hair journey. A little goes a long way and it has a very light scent. I use this oil to seal and on my face. I don't use it in my pre-poo or deep conditioner because it's a bit pricey for the amount you get. I also use it as a heat protector before blow drying. I like to use this oil during the beginning of my relaxer stretch. It gives the hair an amazing shine! Staple!
- Hemp Oil: I use this oil in my deep conditioners as well as to pre-poo. I don't really like the smell so I only use it in ways in which I wash/rinse it out.
- GVP's Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum: This is the generic brand from Sally's BSS. I love this serum. Love, love, love, love, LOVE!! It leaves my hair super smooth after air-drying. I use it throughout my stretch and I always get great results. Staple, of course.
- Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Heat Protector Straightening Serum: This stuff is amazing. It leaves my hair super smooth and shinny. I use this before flat ironing. Staple!
- Proclaim Glossing Polish with Aloe and Natural Oil Heat Protector: Hate it! I used it one time and I vowed to never use it again. It does not leave my hair smooth. I will be giving this away.
- Proclaim Glossing Polish and Frizz Eliminating Shiner: This serum is ok. It give great shine, but weighs my hair down if I use too much. I don't use it often, but I plan on using it to roller-set to see how it will work for my hair.
This list is not nearly as substantial as list of conditioners. If you have any questions about the products I use please leave me a message. Stay tuned for the last edition to this series: Styling tools. As always HHG!