Friday, May 11, 2012

April Recap

April has been a very good month for me and my hair. I have done more than what I expected to do to my hair. I've done 2 dry flexi-rod sets which came out pretty well. Now I want to get the spiral look with flexi-rods. Like the one Ebony in this post or Shika in this post. Co-washing has become

  1. M&S nightly- Fail! One day I will get better with this. 
  2. Oil scalp at least 3x/wk- Fail!! 
  3. wrap hair with a satin scarf nightly- Fail! I started off doing great, but then I slacked off. 
  4. Co-wash at least 1x/wk- This is very important since I'm further along in my relaxer stretch.- Success!!
  5. DC 1x/wk- I'll probably do this with my co-wash on dry hair because my responds well to DCing on dry hair. Doing it this way also eliminates a step when washing. - Success!
  6. Wash at least bi-weekly- I will attempt to wash weekly, but with 25 days left before graduation I have an exit exam, paper, last exams, and finals. I don't want to commit to more than I can handle.- Success!!
  7. Low manipulative styles 95% of the time. I will probably bun so that I won't have to manipulate my new growth.- Success
  8. No direct heat- I only plan on one set this month for the roller-setting challenge and then it's back to bunning.- Success
Flexi-Rod Sets. The last two pics are from the set. The same color shirts throws it off.


Buns for the month. Top 2 pic is an air-dried pony tail






No comments:

Post a Comment