Last Saturday I attended a black tie affair for my formal band director at Tuskegee University. He was celebrating 40 years with the university and a gala was held in his honor. It was absolutely beautiful! Well I told you how my hair didn't come out the way I wanted and I wasn't too pleased. I totally forgot my blog automatically posts to my FB page and some people who went to the gala commented and told my they thought my hair looked nice. I even received positive feedback from my in-laws. They were very impressed when they found out I did my own hair.
After looking back at pictures I realized my hair was not as bad as I thought it was after all. My thoughts may also have been swayed by the various comments I received. But at any rate I am much more receptive to trying another wet flexi-rod set. Before I share pictures let me share what I learned from this experience:
- Keep a positive attitude- This definitely affects my level of motivation.
- When using end papers I still need to roll my hair over the ends- I didn't get this concept at first and I ended up with some frizzy ends.
- When rolling the front of my hair I need to put my hair under the roller.
- If the curl does not come out right I can always re-roll on dry hair using a moisturizer.
- Do not be heavy handed on the foam lotion or it will result in hard hair.
I know you came here mainly to see the pics so here they are. Enjoy!
|My son with his tux on looking so handsome!|
Dress, Flower Belt, Shoes & Earrings- White House Black Market