Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wash Day with Clear Rinse

For those of you who follow me on Twitter you know that I tried my first clear rinse last Friday. I will be sharing my experience and results with you. First let me tell you about my wash day and the products I use.

I did an pre-poo with EVCO with a cap for about 30 minutes. I had just come off a 12.5 hour clinical rotation and I was extremely tired, but still did a pre-poo. I feel as if a pre-poo is a vital step in my wash day. I then shampooed with L'oreal Paris EverPure Sulfate-free shampoo. Truthfully I am very satisfied with this shampoo and my be adding it to my regimen permanently. I don't have to use a lot of the product and it doesn't dry out my hair. I DCed overnight with NTM Daily Conditioner. I do NOT like his stuff. I've used it 2 or 3 times already and I'm not impressed. It does not moisturize my hair the way it should. I think this is why I was experiencing breakage after my protein treatment. I will not be repurchasing this conditioner.

I didn't get a chance to wash the conditioner out until about 2pm. I rinsed then I tried my clear rinse. I used the the Jazzing brand from Sally's BSS. I sectioned my hair in four parts and added the product to every section thoroughly. I kept it on for 10 minutes and then I rinsed. I did not see an immediate change as others had. Well I did notice a little shine, but nothing that wowed me. I used Hawaiian Silky 14-N-1 as a leave-in. This was my first time using the product and I'm not sure how I feel about this product yet.

I air-dried overnight using my scarf and ponytail method. Saturday I went to visit in my-laws and Alabama. I was quite surprised and pleased with my Love's Aunt's hair product stash. I used her IC Fantasia Heat Protectant to flat iron my hair. I didn't use much at all. I was pleased with this product and will be purchasing this product for myself in the near future.

My hair turned out great! My hair had so much body and swang!!!! It had a shine out of this word. I could tell my cuticles were closed because my hair was soft, smooth, and light. But of course I didn't get to enjoy my hair out for long b/c it rained cats and dogs ll weekend. My hair got wet the first day. Surprisingly my hair didn't frizz the way of normally does. Now without further delay here are pics of my results.


7 comments:

  1. Shine out this world! It looks good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks so shiny and beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, your hair looks awesome! I have the same feeling about the Jazzing, like I didn't like it immediately but after my hair was "done" I noticed a huge improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks so healthy and full of body. Very shiny. I'm glad you found soon-to-be staple sulfate-free poo. I am still wondering if I need to try one. Too bad you don't like the NTM Daily DC. It wasn't moisturizing for your hair, too light?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't moisturize my hair they way I would have liked. I have to use a Lou of product ad it still doesn't work the way I feel it should.

      Delete