Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Hair Regime

So I finally have a little time to share my experience from the first day of my healthy hair journey.

I used Pantene Pro V For Relaxed and Natural Hair. I sectioned my hair and added conditioner starting from the ends making my way up the shaft of my hair to the roots. My hair was very dry and sucked up the conditioner. My hair was also shedding pretty bad. I made sure my entire head was saturated with conditioner. I put a plastic cap over it and commenced to let it sit in.

The pre-pooing felt great. I could yfeel tingling in my scalp. I love that feeling b/c it usually lets me know this is a good product for my hair. I let the pre-poo sit in for 1 hour 30 mins. I got in the shower and rinsed my hair.

First I rinsed the pre-poo out in warm water. My hair was soft and felt moisturized. Then I took a quarter size amount of Ion Clarifying Shampoo and applied to my hair. B/c I'm about 9 wks post relaxer I added a dime size more. I first noticed the citrus smell. I enjoyed it. It didn't foam like I expected or I'm use to. I massaged my scalp for about 3 or 4 mins and rinsed in warm water. My hair felt very soft and clean.

I deep conditioned my hair with Helen Queen's Cholesterol. I would have preferred to use Mizani Moisturefuse but I was running low. Anyway I sectioned my hair starting from the back and saturated my hair starting from the ends working my way to the roots. I noticed my hair was pretty tangled but not as tangled as it usually is after a wash. After deep conditioning my entire head I applied a plastic cap. I don't have a hooded dryer yet so I opted to try the heated towel. I wet a face towel in hot water, put it on a plate, and popped it in the microwave for 1 min. I then took it out put it over my cap and applied another plastic cap over that. It seems to have gotten the job done. I was starting to perspire as if I was under a dryer. I let it sit for about 45 mins then I rinsed it out in cold water.

After rinsing the deep conditioner I noticed my hair was shiny and moist. It still had a few brittle points mainly being my edges b/c of my new growth. I detangled my hair and experienced a good amount of shedding. It wasn't difficult to detangler either. I sectioned and moisturized with Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Repair Conditioning Cream. I then sealed with One 'n Only Argon Oil Treatment. I then braided my hair for my braid out.

Overall I had a good first day of my HHJ. It took a long time to complete but I know it will be well worth it in the end. I know I have to dedicate the entire morning to doing my hair. I'll probably pre-poo Friday night.

*will add pictures when I get to a computer*

No comments:

Post a Comment