Monday, January 30, 2012

Saturday Night Wash

Yesterday was a pretty easy wash day. I did a pre-poo with EVOO for about 12 hours. I then washed with a new shampoo I got a few days ago L'oreal Everpure Hydrating Shampoo. It's sulfate free and is sold at Target and Walmart. I got tired of looking for a sulfate free shampoo near my home. I decided to try this out after seeing it several times in the store. I will not give a review until I have used it several times.

I DCed overnight with ORS Replenishing Conditioner. I hate DCing overnight b/c I don't like sleeping with a damp head. I especially hate waking up with one. I had to DC overnight because my son was ill and he wanted his mommy. I did apply my DC differently than usual. This time I sectioned my hair vertically into about 6 parts and applied the conditioner from the root to the tip. I felt this way was better because every part of my head was thoroughly conditioned. I love this conditioner. It makes my hair instantly soft and it melts into my hair!! Love it!! I put on my cap on and a scarf and that called it a night.

The next day (mid-day) I rinsed out my conditioner and t-shirt dried my hair for about 30 minutes. I forgot to do a final rinse with cold water. I then applied my LTR leave-in, detangled using my wide tooth comb and sealed with Argon Oil. I air dried using a scarf to lay down my edges and the top of my head. I really have to do a post soon on the benefits of air drying. I love the way my hair looks after I air dry!

After I air dried to 100% I decided to do a flexi rod set. This was my first time doing one and I was pretty excited. I watched several YT videos to prepare me for this.The products I used were:  Lotta Body Wrapping Lotion diluted with water 1:4, wide tooth comb, and fine tooth comb. At first I diluted the wrapping lotion 1:3, but noticed it was a bit sticky after putting in a few rollers.  I used almost 3 bags of purple flexi rods (16 total) to do my set. It took me about 30 minutes maximum. They are really easy to put in! I sectioned my hair into four sections with my fingers so I could minimize parts when I combed out the curls. I did the front two sections first and then I did the back two sections. I used my fingers to make vertical subsections and sprayed each section thoroughly. My hair was already detangled well, but I did ran through each section with a wide tooth comb before doing so with a fine tooth comb. I wanted to prevent any breakage. I did not roll in an angle that would give me longer curls. Instead I rolled the hair as if using a magnetic roller. I used this video as a guide. This is what my hair looked like once I was done setting.

I put on a head scarf and bonnet and let it dry overnight. Sleeping in the flexi rods was very uncomfortable, but I made due. There were several times throughout the night that I wanted to get up and take them out. I took the rollers out mid-morning and there were about 2 or 3 still a little damp. I didn't bother to re-roll them so I expected a little frizz when they dried.

Before finger combing
One side is longer than the other. Longer side are the pieces that didn't dry

I will not be using lottabody Wrapping Lotion. It left my hair hard and dry. I will be going back to a foam lotion. I'm so happy I only bought the sample size. I  have heard this in reviews, but I had to see for myself. I'm not sure what brand I will be trying next, but I know it will be a foam. Foam seems to work much better for my hair.


  1. The curls came out pretty! (SN: I HAAAATE when some of my curls don't dry!! Like, seriously HATE! lol)

  2. I just purchased some Lotta Body (the green one.) I'm gonna add more water and cross my fingers.

    1. I had the blue kind. I hope you have better success than I did.

  3. I have the purple Lottabody setting lotion. I will make sure that I dilute it. I actually like the way your flexi rod set came out, minus the undried portion :) . I could see myself wearing this look on a daily basis. Easy to maintain, cute and out of the way.