Sunday, January 1, 2012

First Challenge: 6 Month Roller Set Challenge

First I want to start off by saying Happy New Years!! I'm not really big on new year resolutions, but I will have new new hair resolutions. Just quickly I will share my hair resolutions. I promise not to take too long because I know you are dying to hear about the 6 month Roller-set challenge.

Hair Resolutions for 2012
1. Stick with a hair regimen (Sticking to what works and discarding what doesn't).
2.  Retain length
3. Aim for thickness (I want my hair thicker, yet I don't want to textlax. Is this possible??)
4. Learn at least 5 new styles and get them perfected!
5. Reach APL (Ultimately by Feb 2013)

So about a month ago I decided to join EbonyCPrincess' 6 Month Rollersetting Challenge. The challenge starts today January 1, 2012 and ends June 21, 2012.

Rules

  • You must rollerset your hair at least once a month.
  • You must wash and deep condition your hair at least once a month.
  • You may do other styles, you are not limited to wearing rollersets exclusively.  For example, if you do a silk/roller wrap you are not restricted to wearing straight hair until your next wash day.  You may then pincurl, braid/bantu-knot out, or refresh the look by wearing rollers on dry hair overnight.
  • Rollersets may be done on wet or dry hair.
  • When setting wet hair, do it no more than once a week.  We want this to be LOW manipulation so our hair will flourish!
  • Check in at the VERY least monthly here on Longing4Length but you can also update as often as you like on your own blog or YouTube channel, or by Tweet Pic (just as soon as I figure out how to use it! lol)
  • Flat ironing is permitted FOR YOUR ROOTS ONLY!  If you are unsure how to rollerset and flat iron just your roots, check out this awesome video by Lonei (esp at 9:40).  This applies to naturals, relaxed, transitioners, long-term stretchers, all of us!
  • You may use direct heat only twice in the entire 6 month challenge.  The point is to limit direct heat usage.  Of course, hooded dryers do not count but you may also use a diffuser with a blow dryer to quickly dry an area that may be damp after rollersetting.
  • There will be an official monthly check in here with prizes given each month - so please stay plugged in!  I have some FABULOUS prizes in mind!
*Taken directly from her site*

My Goals
  1. Reduce my amount of shedding.
  2. Grow and retain at least 2 inches.
  3. Thicker hair
  4. Perfect Roller wrapping
  5. Gain direction into my HHJ
There are some great prizes that will be given away every month. I hope to win at least one! I have my eye on a few that remain nameless. Here are my official starting pics that I emailed ECP. 




The pic below is a more accurate starting pic b/c my hair was straightened with some very great ceramic flat irons that I got for Christmas. The above pic was taken with my hair straighten from some cheapie flat irons. I'm looking forward to the challenge! I'll definitely be posting progress pics. My relaxer date is set for Jan 7th. I'll be getting a roller wrap then!









1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post! One of the goals I have that I didn't include is to just simplify my regimen and wash days. Sometimes I have to think so hard about the next style I plan to do! lol. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete